Saturday 14th October, 2017
Welcome to the inaugural Cotswolds Cake Bike, a relaxed, social, bike ride around the area of outstanding natural beauty, the Cotswolds Hills.
It's not a Sportive and it's certainly not a race, just an opportunity for people to come together and socialise whilst improving their mental and physical health and fitness in the process.
Here are the key things you need to know about the ride:
- We start in the bustling market town of Stroud at 8:30am with a circular 75-mile route bringing us back in the early evening (you'll be sent details on exact location for the start when you sign up)
- Support riders will guide, assist and encourage you on the way round, and as always we'll have ones spread right throughout the group
- The route will be provided via a Strava GPX file, which means you'll be able to follow it via your Garmin or on the Strava app on your phone if you'd like to ride at your own pace
- There's no official mechanical support for the day, but we will have assistance from the support riders and also we'll have a car with basic tools and a few spare inner tubes and wheels just in case
- There's no food and drink provided on route, but we're organising stops in tea-rooms/coffee shops/pubs where you can purchase whatever you need to keep you fuelled for the day. Bring your own snacks and fluids for riding and we'll have some emergency supplies of food and water in the support car just in case
- First Aiders will be on hand if needed. All support riders and the support car will have First Aid kits and mobile phones to look after you.
We're offering this event free of charge. All we ask is that if you'd like to, you donate towards our efforts to buy an adapted recumbent tandem bike for Vicky's brother Chris, who was tragically shot and blinded in a robbery on Christmas Day last year. Alternatively you could promote the fact that you're doing the event and ask others to sponsor you by donating.
Join us/Ask a question
All you need do to sign up for the ride is fill in the form below and we'll get back to you confirming your place and the key things you need to know for the day.