Sunday 27th May, 2018
Key ride info:
- Cost: FREE
- Distance: 85 miles
- Difficulty level: Pink - at times it gets hilly and it'll be a good few hours in the saddle
- Suitable for: Road bikes
- Support: Guide riders and GPX file
- Food and drink: bring your own snacks + planned cafe stops
- First Aid: Guide riders will also carry basic first aid kits
- Mechanical assistance: Guide riders will carry basic tools
- Start/Finish: Clevedon sea front (The Beach opposite The Moon and Sixpence pub), 8:30am
Join us for a balanced day out
This is another of our less formal events; in fact it's more of a day out riding as a group. We'll provide a suggested route as a GPX file and be riding along too so we can help guide and motivate you along the way.
We'll be meandering the country lanes around in a large loop around Bristol
It's perfect training if you're joining us for our trip to Wales in the summer, if you have another event booked in, fancy some company for a longer ride or if you just want to challenge yourself to go that little bit further than normal. Here's a summary of some of the key points for the day:
- Food and drink: bring your own, but we'll also plan a couple of stops throughout the day at nice tea-rooms/cafes/pubs en-route for hot drinks and more substantial meals. There are some nice pubs in Thornbury too if you fancy a drink or bite to eat with us afterwards to balance out your day's work...'burned it, earned it'
- Looking after you: Guide riders will also carry a basic first aid kit but you should carry a mobile phone with you in case of emergency
- Mechanical assistance: Guide riders will carry basic tools but make sure your bike is roadworthy and bring spare inner tubes, tyre levers etc as riders may get spread out along the route
- Getting to the start: Clevedon is easy to get to off junction 20 of the M5 and there is a mixture of free parking on the road if available, or a large pay and display near the Salthouse pub so bring some change just in case.
Join us/Ask a question
All you need do to sign up for the ride is fill in the form below and we'll get back to you confirming your place and the key things you need to know for the day.
We're offering this event free of charge. As always, you'll be able to donate a small amount towards our current good cause, the RSPCA if you'd like to say thank you. Details will be provided on how to do so.
IMPORTANT NOTICES: this is not an organised event and there will be no marshals or support vehicles stationed en route. Please make sure you have read and understood our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement before entering below.