Here's a quick quiz to see how balanced your afternoons are. Score one point for yes, zero for no.
1) Do you eat lunch away from work or stresses in a relaxed environment?
2) Do you get up and move for at least five minutes every hour during the afternoon?
3) Do you get outside for some fresh air for ten minutes or more across the afternoon?
4) Do you stop drinking caffeinated drinks by late afternoon?
5) If eating snacks in the afternoon, do you choose healthy options?
6) Do you feel alert and energised across the afternoon?
7) If you do feel tired, do you give yourself a short break to just sit quietly and relax or use power naps to give you a boost where you can?
8) Do you drink water, squash or herbal tea regularly through the afternoon to stay hydrated?
9) Do you have strategies in place to ensure healthy options should you suffer the common mid-afternoon lull?
10) Do you avoid sitting in the sun during the hottest part of the day, or at least where enough suntan lotion if you do?
Less than 3 points shows there's plenty you can do to improve your balance, 4-7 points means you're on the way to balance and 8 or more means you're well balanced.