Balance event terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all individuals booking on to and participating in any event with balance health and fitness limited. You must read them in full before purchasing a place in the event and tick to accept them at point of purchase.
1. Our events are not races. They will not be timed and no results are published. Anyone racing will be asked to stop immediately and may be asked to leave the event with immediate effect. We also reserve the right to prevent them from taking part in future balance events.
2. By entering a balance event, participants are confirming that they are fit and healthy to take part in the event for which they have signed up. If the participant has any doubt about their suitability to take part, is is their responsibility to seek the advice of a medical practitioner before signing up.
If the participant signs up and there is a subsequent change in their health and fitness, they should seek the advice of a medical practitioner as to their suitability to take part and follow the advice given.
3. All participants should be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of the event.
4. Participants are fully responsible for their actions during the event, including the event itself and all connected pre and post-event activities (this includes any online discussion board areas). Balance Health & Fitness does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant or the consequences of these actions. Balance Health & Fitness reserves the right to remove any participant from the event at any point before or during the event if they act in way that breaches our safeguarding and equality and diversity policies, code of conduct or the laws of the land. Any participants asked to leave will not be entitled to a refund and any incidents may be reported to the relevant authorities if required.
5. The participant agrees to follow the pre-event guidelines set out by balance health and fitness as to the mandatory clothing and equipment required to take part in the event. This includes wearing a cycle helmet at all times during cycling events. Tri-Bars are not permitted in any of our cycling events.
6. The participant confirms that any bicycles they are riding for our cycling events are roadworthy and in a suitable condition for the nature of the event. The participants also confirms that all of the equipment and kit they are using for any of our events are in a suitable condition for the nature of the event.
7. Participants are responsible for their own health and safety at all times during the event and must rely on their own ability in dealing with all hazards. At all times participants must obey the Highway Code and act in a manner which is safe to themselves and others. Whilst routes are provided, the participant must make their own decision as to the suitability and safety of the route at any given time. Any decisions made by the participant in relation to the route taken are made at their own risk.
8. The participants must make themselves known to the organisers at the end of the event. Failure to do so could result in a search being organised; the costs of which will be billed to the participant.
9. The participant consents to the use of photography, video and audio-recording and interviews during and after the event, as well as requests for testimonials. The participant also consents to the use of any/all of these by Balance Health and Fitness for promotional purposes. They release Balance Health and Fitness and its representatives from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitising, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. The participant waives all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with the publication of these materials. The participant also waives any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Balance Health and Fitness and its representatives.
10. Event entry fees are non-refundable. Participants are able to transfer their entry to another participant up to 14 days before the event. Participants understand that it is their own responsibility to organise a replacement to whom their place can be transferred and should contact Balance Health and Fitness using the following email address to arrange this: email@example.com
11. Should Balance Health and Fitness have to cancel the event due to circumstances beyond their control, we will do our best to arrange a suitable alternative date at no extra cost. If this date is not suitable then Balance Health and Fitness will refund the entry fee only and will not be responsible for any costs incurred by the participants with regard to travel, accommodation or any other consideration in conjunction with the cancelled event.
12. It is the participant's sole responsibility to ensure they have suitable insurance protection in place for the event. Payment of the event entry fee to Balance Health and Fitness does not provide any insurance protection for loss of or damage to personal possessions, accident, sickness or injury, or any accidents caused by the participant.
13. No liability whatsoever shall attach to Balance Health and Fitness in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by participants in or by reason of the event, unless such injury, loss or damage is proven to be caused by the negligence of the aforementioned.
14. We reserve the right to amend the route/s at any point up to and including the day of the event. Decisions will be taken based on weather, the surface, other health and safety considerations and will at all times be with your wellbeing in mind. We will always endeavour to provide altered route information as early as possible but can make no promises on exact timescales.
At balance we’re committed to ensuring your privacy. To ensure that you’re happy with what information we’re requesting and how we’ll use it, we’ve created this simple Privacy Notice for you to read. If you’re happy with it, you should tick to agree with it when signing up for one of our events online.
What information is being collected and how will it be used?
We only collect information that’s vital to the event. This includes:
Your name, email address and telephone number
Emergency contact details (these are collected separately prior to the event)
This enables us to get in touch with you with details about the event, identify your choices for the event, keep you safe during the event, and if you choose to sign up for our newsletter, to keep you updated on similar future events that we run and provide you with helpful information and advice about all aspects of health and fitness.
All data that you provide is stored in line with the data protection laws of the UK. You can request a copy of the data we hold about you at any time.
Our newsletter: we collect data in regards to the articles that prove popular and use this to create future content that is most likely to be of interest for you. You can opt out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of each newsletter or by contacting us.
Who is collecting it and how? Who will it be shared with?
Your data will be collected by Balance Health and Fitness and only through our online forms or the official documentation we send you. It will only be accessible by the relevant employees of balance health and fitness and we will not share any of your information with anyone at any time, unless you specifically request us to do so and give your express permission in writing.